Quarantine Handbook, a result of the successful partnership within the KA2 QU.A.R.AN.T.I.N.E. project, showcases a toolkit for “Smart Youth Working”. It delivers good practices and creative strategies to promote digital youth work and digital skills development.
QU.A.R.AN.T.I.N.E. departs from the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing a perspective on what has been the challenge of digital transformation undertaken by the community of youth workers and professionals that, in order to meet emerging needs and situations, had to innovate and adapt their practices. The aim of this project is to enhance the quality of digital youth work by sharing this set of tools that have become increasingly popular or worthy during the pandemic.
The different tools are grouped by type:
- Activities for online meetings, such as energizers, tips and activities to engage the participants and make your sessions dynamic and fun.
- Organisational and interaction tools, where you will find some programs or apps to organise your projects, tasks and interaction (chats, video calls, meetings).
- Creative or presentation tools, where you will find a wide range of different tools such as collaborative boards, audiovisual editing programs or webpages and presentation tools.
- Tools for quizzes and feedback, very useful to evaluate the learning of your courses or to obtain some feedback from your students.
- Gamification tools, such as different tools for creating badges, avatars or games.
This manual is certainly useful and beneficial to improve the quality of virtual activities, both for emergency situations like the one still going on and for other potential situations where a “blended” approach could be useful.
You can download the handbook directly from their project website!
Francesca Politi (Jump Team)