The Municipality of Lousada (in Portugal) is an institution of local public administration. Its aim is to pursue the interests of the population in the territorial space of the Lousada Council. The council of Lousada belongs to the district of Porto and has an extension of 95 Km2. The city assumes itself as the center of the region denominated Vale do Sousa since it’s situated in its geographic center. It has approximately 50.000 inhabitants that are distributed within the 25 parishes of Lousada.
This Portuguese public institution is a very virtuous example on how a local municipality develops internationalisation through European Union projects, giving benefit to all sectors of the community, including youth, schools and companies. The municipality concentrated most of the projects on education to empower citizens competences and on the environment.
With this strong commitment in finding strategies securing sustainable development and nature conservation for Lousada, the municipality has been designing and implementing a strategy that includes several initiatives with schools and the general public.
– BioLousada – free public environmental education programme for the community;
– Educative and pedagogical valorization and exploitation of Mata de Vilar (Forest of Vilar);
– BioEscola – environmental education programme for all schools of the ML;
– EcoVilar and Forest for Future youth exchanges for forest management and conservation;
– BioFest – environment and culture festival;
– PlantarLousada, LousadaCharcos, Lixo Sustentável, Gigantes Verdes, and many other environmental projects for educating towards sustainable/eco behaviours;
– Fundo Lousada Sustentável, scholarships encouraging youth to develop projects to protect natural heritage.
Promoting environmental protection measures through environmental awareness and the valuation of green spaces is one of the main goals of the Municipality of Lousada. Our transformative actions illustrate the powerful role environmental education plays in promoting environmental practices, supporting the creation of conservation areas and environmental job opportunities, as well as reconnecting local citizens with their rural landscape.
Know more about the Municipality of Lousada at https://www.cm-lousada.pt/
9 June 2021
The Cooperativa Nido di Seta was founded in 2014 in San Floro, a town in the province of Catanzaro, which at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries was considered Europe's silk capital. The entire area was in fact the most important silk production centre in Europe,...
SALTO is looking for authors for content creation on Digital Transformation topics for Participation Resource Pool
It is up to us to support the European Commission, through participatory work, and lead Europe to an inclusive and meaningful environment and community.
Entrepreneurship is the creation of value by taking on risk in the use of human, financial and natural resources. Entrepreneurship is about drafting a business plan, starting a business according to the drafted plan and running this business by managing the project...